Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Adventures With Skyler Day 1: Huckleberry Picking

I am ever so sorry for my sloppiness of blogging. I am trying to get the pics to go on right, but it won't work. I try to do them in order but they end up backwards and stuff like that. UGH! Help!

Anyways, back on topic. On Monday Jujus, Jay, and Skyler came for the week. As soon as they came (about 5 o'clock) we left for Mt. Spokaloo! We had a picnic at a beautiful little picnic shelter (again, my pics are backwards so that picture is at the bottom). Once we finished our Hoggie sandwiches, we headed up to to get some berries.

Our huckleberry hands afterwards


Okay, somewhere in this picture is a grasshopper. 20 points to who ever can find it (you have to comment to retrieve your prize)!


The sunset as we started to head back up


Me amidst the Huckleberries. See those fishtail braids, I did that!

Skyler, being a city girl born and raised, had never, ever, ever had a wild huckleberry. So of course, had had to document it.


A surprisingly good RUSHED snap shot of the forest


An Alpine Meadow

The picnic shelter mentioned above

0 comments: